Tanta University is an Egyptian university in the city of Tanta, Al Gharbiyah governorate, Egypt.
The university is under the direct scientific supervision of the Ministry of Higher Education. It was founded first in 1962 as a branch from the University of Alexandria with the faculty of Medicine only and then it became an independent university named University of the Middle Delta in 1972. It had at that time Medicine, Science, Agriculture and Education faculties. Then, its name was changed into Tanta University in 1973.
The Faculty of Medicine was founded in 1962 as a branch of Alexandria University. In 1973, Tanta University was officially formed with the establishment of 18 faculties. Faculty of medicine, being one the largest and oldest six medical schools in Egypt.
- Medic (6 Years)
- Dentistry (5 Years)
- Medic – First 3 years Pre-Clinical, the last 3 years dedicated to Clinical Training & acquiring Clinical Skills.
- Language – English with spoken Arabic used during clinical years.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- SPM Qualification : Minimum B in all science subjects.
- Graduates of Matriculation, Foundation, A-Level or equivalent to Pre-U can also apply.
- Completed preparatory class for few months before departure.
- Hostel provided by the University
- Assisted accommodation outside of campus (by Tridiva Utama)
Recognized by JPA, MMC, Malaysian Dental Council, MARA and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia
- University situated 3 Hours from Cairo.
- Living Cost (Exc.Hostel) : RM 400.
- Fares around Rs 2000.00 Rs 3550 one way or round trip
- Flight from KL : 12 Hours
- Food : All kinds of food including halal food.
- Places of worship : Mostly Mosques