Universitas Sumatera Utara was founded in 1952, initially started as a foundation and changed its status to a state university in 1957. Later become a legal entity in 2003.
USU campus is located in Padang Bulan, Medan 120 ha green and shady area situated in the center city of medan. 20 mins from town center.
- Undergraduate program
- Masters program
- Medical specialist
- Most popular university amongst malaysian students
- Medical program is a 6 year course (5 yrs pre clinical 1 year clinical)
- Fully accredited by Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA) and MMC.
- Clinical hospital for practical in adam malik hospital.
- Hostel provided for students
- Assisted accommodation outside of campus.
- Passing entrance exam organised by usu (early June)
- Matriculation, Foundation;
- CGPA 3.0 for Medical and Dentistry
- CGPA2.0 for Pharmacy
- A-levels : minimum 3C
- SPM and STPM with minimum B+ in all Science subjects
Approximately RM600 per month/per student
- Swiss government scholarship programme for postgraduate studies
- University of Jinan, China