Andalas University Faculty of Medicine is established in September 7, 1955 in Bukit Tinggi. Andalas University is one of the oldest university in Indonesia outside Jawa and the fourth oldest in Indonesia. The university consists of nine faculties, mostly located on a hilly highland of Limau Manis approximately 15km from Padang, the capital city of West Sumatra. The campus of Andalas University occupies an area of 500 hectre. The Faculty of Medicine is located in the city center, near the Central General Hospital M.Djamil.
Established in 1955, Andalas University is the first university in Indonesia to conduct medical degree programme (5 and a half years) using the latest “Problem Based Learning System” currently adopted by USA, UK and the European countries.
Medical programme are conducted with bi-lingual language.
The university consist of nine faculties, mostly located on the hilly highland of Limau Manis approximately 15km from Padang, the capital city of West Sumatra. The Faculty of Medicine is located in the city center, near the central general hospital Dr. M Djamil.
- Undergraduate program
- Degree for medical specialists
- Postgraduate for medical specialist;
- Eye Health Sciences
- Clinical Pathology
- Dermatology Science
- Anatomical Pathology
- Obstetrics and diseases of the wombs
- 3 ½ years of medical course
- 1 ½ years of practical in hospital
- 1 year of housemanship (optional)
Collaborated with 15 local hospitals for training purposes
- Padang Central General Hospital
- Bukit Tinggi Central General Hospital
- Padang Central Mental Hospital
- Painan District Hospital
- Hostel provided for students
- Assisted accommodation outside of campus (by Tridiva)
- Minimum CGPA 3.00 for Matriculation, A-Level
- At least 3B Principle for STPM
- At least B+ in all Science subjects SPM
RM700 per month