Alexandria University is a public research university in Alexandria, Egypt. It was established in 1938 as a satellite of Fuad University (the name of which was late changed to Cairo University), becoming an independent entity in 1942. It was known as Farouk University until the Egyptian Revolution of 1952 when its name was changed to the University of Alexandria. Taha Hussein was the founding rector of Alexandria University. It is now the second largest university in Egypt and has many affiliations to various universities for ongoing research.
The school is affiliated with four hospitals, Amiry Hospital and Shatby Hospital with specializations in obstetrics and gynecology, the Pediatric Hospital and El Hadara Hospital with specializations in orthopedics and neurology.Medical students will work with a designated faculty mentor, who will evaluate the student’s progress. Its medicine faculty is the largest of Alexandria’s graduate faculties and has traditionally been a Trend-setter for many university-wide initiatives.
- Medic (6 Years) - Bachelor Degree in Medical surgery
- Dentistry (5 Years) - Bachelor degree in Dental Surgery
- Pharmacy (5Years) - Bachelor degree in Pharmacy (Clinical Pharmacy)
- Alexandria University offer clinical electives in the following areas:
- internal medicine and subspecialties
- community medicine
- tropical medicine
- surgical specialties
Minimum Entry Requirements
- SPM Qualification : Minimum B in all science subjects.
- Graduates of Matriculation, Foundation, A-Level or equivalent to Pre-U can also apply.
- Completed preparatory class for few months before departure.
- Hostel provided by the University
- Assisted accommodation outside of campus (by Tridiva Utama)
Recognized by JPA, MMC, Malaysian Dental Council, MARA and the Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia
- University situated 3 Hours from Cairo.
- Living Cost (Exc.Hostel) : RM 400.
- Fares around Rs 2000.00 Rs 3550 one way or round trip
- Flight from KL : 12 Hours
- Food : All kinds of food including halal food.
- Places of worship : Mostly Mosques