The Diploma in Electronics Engineering programme prepares students for entry-level positions that deal with practical application of designing and operation of electronics circuits, devices and communication systems. The programme aims to prepare graduates to have a command of electronics engineering knowledge and hands-on skills relevant to industry or to pursue higher studies within the field.
Pass SPM/GCE “O” level with minimum 3 credit including credit in Mathemarics and One subject in Science / Technical / Vocational and Pass in English
Recognized Certificate in Engineering / Engineering Technology or its equivalent.
- Technical skills : are technically competent to solve complex problem in electronics engineering and can adapt effectively in a fast-changing environtment.
- Critical thinking : can critically think, analyse and make decisions that give due consideration to global issues in business, ethics, society and the environtment.
- Leadership, Team building : can communicate effectively, act with integrity, and have the inter-personal skills needed to engage in, lead, and nurture diverse teams.
- Attitude : are committed to lifelong learning, research oriented, resourceful and embrace global challenges and opportunities to make a positive impact in society.
The curriculum for the Diploma in electronics engineering programme is designed for the semester system and to graduate, diploma-seeking students must earn a minimum of 91 credit hours. The programme requires a minimum of 7 semester to complete (approximately 2,5 years).
- Junior Engineer
- Assistant Engineer
- Information Technology
Dual Qualification @ SPECTRUM :
- Combines two different Qualifications into the one comprehensive programme
- Designed to be studied in a shorter period of time than completing two separate qualifications, and at a reduced cost, with no loss in quality. Upon completion of the Dual Qualification @ SPECTRUM you will receive two different qualifications.
Select your right dual qualification suitable for you.
- Diploma in Business Management (QCF), awarded by OTHM, UK (level 4)
- Malaysian Skill Certificate in Electrical Wiring, Department of Skills Development (level 2/3 via PPT)
- Malaysian Skill Certificate in Solar Installation, Department of Skills Development (level 2/3 via PPT)
- Green Card Certification from Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB)
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Certificate from Spectrum Institute of Applied Technologies